- 1 Top 6 Inflatable Hot Tubs
- 2 Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Miami Inflatable Hot Tub
- 3 Coleman Lay-Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
- 4 Intex 77in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set
- 5 Intex PureSpa Portable Jet Massage Hot Tub
- 6 Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Hawaii Inflatable Hot Tub
- 7 Intex Pure Spa 4-Person Hot Tub
- 8 Best Inflatable Hot Tubs Comparison Chart
- 9 How to Choose the Best Inflatable Tub
- 10 Advantages of Portable Hot Tubs
- 11 Inflatable Hot Tub Usage Tips
- 12 How to Use a Portable Hot Tub
- 13 Inflatable Hot Tub Maintenance
- 14 Benefits of a Hot Bath
- 15 Inflatable Hot Tub FAQ
- 16 Conclusion
What could be better than getting home from work and relaxing in your own hot tub? If you’ve ever thought that owning your own hot tub may never be possible, you really should check out these inflatable hot tub reviews.
Inflatable hot tubs have many great advantages, including being highly affordable, being easy to install and low maintenance. If you’ve not got the room for a permanent hot tub, you can situate an inflatable hot tub in a garden or yard whilst you’re using it, and then deflate it so it can be stored away later.
There are plenty of models for you to choose from when it comes to portable hot tubs, giving you plenty of choice when it comes to size, materials, and extras. You can even enjoy massaging jets that agitate the water and provide massage.
At the end of this article are some tips for choosing the best inflatable hot tub for your needs and some tips for maintaining your hot tub to help you make the most of your purchase.
- Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Miami
- Heating: yes (up ti 104 F)
- Massage: yes
- Dimensions: 71"x26"
- For 4 people
- Intex 77in PureSpa
- Heating: yes (up ti 104 F)
- Massage: yes
- Dimensions: 77"x28"
- For 4 people
- Coleman Lay-Z Spa
- Heating: yes
- Massage: yes
- Dimensions: 77"x28"
- For 4-6 people
- Intex PureSpa
- Heating: yes (up ti 104 F)
- Massage: yes
- Dimensions: 75"x28"
- For 4 people
- SaluSpa Hawaii
- Heating: yes (up ti 104 F)
- Massage: yes
- Dimensions: 71" x 28"
- For 4-6 people
- Intex Pure SpaTM
- Heating: yes (up ti 104 F)
- Massage: yes
- Dimensions: 79"x28"
- For 4 people
Top 6 Inflatable Hot Tubs
Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Miami Inflatable Hot Tub
The Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Miami Inflatable Hot Tub is a great solution for both indoor and outdoor use. It will comfortably accommodate 2 to 4 people and has plenty of great features.
The Lay-Z massage system has rapid heating of up to 104 degrees f, and a soothing jet massage function.
You can easily inflate this hot tub on any flat surface including patios, lawns, decking and even indoors to enjoy an instant spa experience from the comfort of your own home.
The pump heater that comes with this inflatable hot tub allows you effortlessly inflate this hot tub so that you can have it ready to use in no time. Fill it to the optimum pressure, then fill with water and allow it to heat to your desired temperature.
The heater is digitally controlled so that it can accurately keep the hot tub as hot as you need it to be. The rapid heating system safely filters the water. Using the digital controller, you can also control the hot tub jets to provide you with a relaxing and enjoyable massage.
This tub comes with a chemical floater, spare filters and an easy to use manual in the form of a DVD.
Coleman Lay-Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
For the best possible luxury at the most affordable price, you should check out the Coleman Lay-Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub. Coleman is a well-known name when it comes to manufacturing durable outdoor recreational products so you know that when you choose this inflatable hot tub, you’ll get a great deal.
The sturdy construction of this inflatable hot tub makes it easy to use and durable.
There are plenty of features to be enjoyed with this hot tub. The Lay-Z massage system employs 120 jets to provide you with a luxurious hydro massage from the comfort of your own home.
In order to quickly heat up the water in the tub, this inflatable hot tub comes with a rapid heating system. It takes around 24 hours to raise the temperature of this hot tub to the maximum of 104 degrees F although some users claim that it can heat the water in much less time by using hot water.
A digital control panel allows you to control the entire hot tub. You can turn the bubbles on and off, and control the heater whilst a child safety lock prevents unauthorized access.
Integrated water filtration keeps this tub clean, whilst the mosaic print pool liner offers cushioning and comfort.
Intex 77in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set
The Intex 77in PureSpa Portable Bubble Massage Spa Set is a great choice for an inflatable hot tub that can be used by the whole family.
An easy to use control panel allows you to activate the 120 massaging jets that are integrated into the inner pat of the tub.
To make this hot tub as durable as possible, it is constructed from fiber tech material. As a result it is sturdy and hardwearing. The interior section is made from a 3-ply thickness material, which is laminated and puncture resistant. This part of the tub provides additional support when it is in use.
In case you have hard water in your area, this tub features a hard-water treatment system. This system ensures that you have clean water for swimming in, as well as cutting down on sediment in the water supply, which could cause parts of the hot tub to become clogged.
An insulated cover is included with this hot tub as well as a lock. You can keep this hot tub covered over when it is not in use for safety and to stop debris from falling into the tub.
The filter cartridges are replaceable and can also be cleaned frequently when necessary.
Intex PureSpa Portable Jet Massage Hot Tub
This Intex PureSpa Portable Jet Massage Hot Tub is a stylish and convenient choice when you are looking for a good portable hot tub.
A digital control panel controls the 4 jets around the spa’s interior. These 4 jets are high powered and can provide the user with a refreshing massage.
The PureSpa technology that sends bubbles through the jets heats the air before it is used. This keeps the hot tub as warm as possible and heats the water effectively.
To prevent debris from falling into the tub when it is not in use, and as a safety precaution, a cover is included. This insulated cover helps to keep the hot tub warm.
2 filters are included with the filtration system. This tub also comes with a 3-way test strip to test the water quality, a chlorine dispenser and a ground sheet to protect the inflatable hot tub.
This hot tub is large enough for 2 to 4 adults. It has a water capacity of 210 gallons and the water will heat to temperatures between 68 and 104 degrees F.
Whilst the Intex PureSpa Portable Jet Massage Hot Tub is highly functional, it also looks great. You’ll love the faux wood design.
Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Hawaii Inflatable Hot Tub
If you want to add some relaxation to your home and bring the experience of the spa, you should choose though Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Hawaii Inflatable Hot Tub. This is one of the Best quality hot tubs on the market today and has plenty of additional features. It is suitable for four and six people and with the hydro jet pro system, you can enjoy an invigorating massage experience as well as the water treatment process that this feature offers. What’s even better is that this hot tub is highly affordable and is far cheaper than most of the traditional hot tubs are that are on the market today
This is a hot topic is fitted with an air jet and hydro-jet massage system which comprises of eight directional and flow adjustable jets for water and 120 air jets.
So that you can save power, this hot tub comes with a power saving time. This ensures that the heating system can be programmed up to 48 hours in advance. An hourly interval timing system is also available. Their heating timer control allows you to come to your hot tub and not need to worry about waiting for it to ease up. It is ready when you are.
The heating system can heat the water up in the spa to a maximum of 40°C. The hot tub even comes with an inflatable lead, which provides installation. And exterior cover and maps provide further installation.
This is a tough and durable hot tub that is sure to impress your guests and anyone else who may live in your household.
Intex Pure Spa 4-Person Hot Tub
You’ll enjoy the experience of soaking in a deep hot tub with 120 bubble jets providing an invigorating massage as you relax in the Intex Pure Spa 4-Person Hot Tub.
This item has a hard water treatment filter system so that you can enjoy clean water and the tub will be protected from the sediment that exists in hard water, making it last for longer. Your skin will be softer thanks to the better water quality, and the hot tub will remain as energy efficient as possible, requiring little maintenance.
This tub features a 3 ply laminated construction material. This fiber-tech technology ensures that the hot tub will be puncture-free and as a result is more durable. The more rigid design also ensures added support and comfort for the user.
You can have this best portable hot tub inflated within just 20 minutes, ready to be filled with water. When you are done with using the tub, simply drain and deflate for easy storage.
This comfortable inflatable hot tub can seat up to 4 adults and is perfect for creating a relaxing spa experience in the comfort of your own home. You are sure to become the envy of the whole neighborhood.
Best Inflatable Hot Tubs Comparison Chart
|Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Miami||yes (up ti 104 F)||yes||71"x26"||For 4 people|
|Coleman Lay-Z Spa||yes||yes||77"x28"||For 4-6 people|
|Intex 77in PureSpa||yes (up ti 104 F)||yes||77"x28"||For 4 people|
|Intex PureSpa||yes (up ti 104 F)||yes||75"x28"||For 4 people|
|Homax Inflatable Tub||yes (up ti 104 F)||yes||61"x25.6"||For 4 people|
How to Choose the Best Inflatable Tub
When you are choosing the best inflatable tub for your needs, you should consider these important items.
How much space do you have? It is important that you have enough space for an inflatable tub to be inflated. Make sure that you have a level and debris free surface and measure it up for size. You should choose the hot tub that will fit best in this space.
- Construction material. You need to make sure that the tub that you are considering will be durable enough to last. Whilst many hot tubs are made to last, there are some that are stronger than others and can withstand more heat. Some inflatable hot tubs come with foam insulation, which keeps the hot tub warmer for longer.
- Safety features. Safety features are important when you are choosing an inflatable hot tub. Some have non-slip flooring and seats for maximum safety. Other safety features include thermostatic cut offs so that the tub doesn’t get too hot, and grab rails to help you get in and out of the hot tub. Safety filtration systems ensure that the hot tub is kept as clean as possible. The best rated portable hot tubs have great safety features.
- Inflatable hot tub covers. When you are selecting your hot tub, you should make sure that it either comes with a cover or lid, or that you can purchase one separately if one is not provided. A hot tub cover is important as this helps to keep debris out of the tub and keeps the filters in the best possible condition as a result.
- Inflatable hot tub jets. How many hot tub jets you choose to go for is entirely your own preference. Some people like hot tubs that have a lot of jets to provide full massaging benefits whilst others prefer just one or a few jets to provide mild turbulence in the water. You should make sure that you choose the inflatable hot tub that has the number of jets that you’re looking for.
- Inflatable hot tub cleaning. Before you purchase your inflatable hot tub, you should make sure that you know what cleaning the tub entails. All inflatable tubs need to be cleaned on a regular basis, and you should make sure that you know how the filter system needs to be cleaned. You should also check which chemicals you will need to put in the hot tub to keep it clean and ensure that you can source them.
- Inflatable hot tub price. There are hot tubs to suit most budgets, but you should make sure that you are not sacrificing quality to get a bargain. Cheaper tubs use cheaper materials and parts and you could find that in the long run, you will need to make costly repairs and you may even need to replace the inflatable hot tub.
- Inflatable hot tub warranty. Many inflatable hot tub suppliers offer their customers attractive warranties. You should make sure that you know what the warranty covers and if you may need additional cover, you should take this out when you purchase your hot tub.
Advantages of Portable Hot Tubs
- Portable hot tubs are great as they can be set up easily, usually without any work needing to be done to your property. If you have limited space, you can easily empty the hot tub and deflate it so that it can be stored out of the way.
- You won’t need to dig up the yard or build any special structures for an inflatable hot tub. As long as you have some area that is level, even and free of debris, you will be able to set up your hot tub.
- Inflatable hot tubs are convenient as you can set them up yourself. With the use of the manual that comes with the hot tub, you can place the hot tub in a suitable location, inflate it and have it filled and ready to use in no time.
- You can enjoy the ability to travel with your portable hot tub. Whether you move home frequently, or if you go on long vacations, the portable hot tub is a great option.
- You can run an inflatable hot tub off a standard 120-volt power socket. This makes the inflatable hot tub the more economical choice when it comes to energy.
- Inflatable hot tubs are much cheaper than standard hot tubs. They are also
- Portable hot tubs are much easier to clean than rigid hot tubs. You will only need to clean your portable hot tub once a week and the filter can be easily cleaned weekly too, and replaced every 6 months.
- Hot tubs are great for providing the user with many health benefits. You can soak away anxiety, stress, and headaches whilst effectively treating ailments such as arthritis, muscle and joint injuries and fibromyalgia. Endorphins are released when you soak in warm water, and this can help elevate your mood and make you feel relaxed.
- You will find that your skin and your muscles feel much better after you have been relaxing in the hot tub. Your blood circulation will be improved and you will find that this improves the appearance of your skin whilst invigorating your body, giving you more energy.
- You can choose the added features that come with rigid hot tubs, such as jets for a relaxing massage whilst in the tub.
- Inflatable hot tubs are very safe as they have features such as anti-skid flooring and seats. Maximum heat cut outs are also included in many inflatable hot tub systems.
Inflatable Hot Tub Usage Tips
Where Can You Set Up the Inflatable Hot Tub?
When you’re setting up your inflatable hot tub, it is important that you think about its positioning. It’s easy enough to fill an inflatable hot tub, but you should make sure that you have somewhere to drain it. If you have decking, and you let out the water, you should make sure that the decking will not be spoilt and that the water will not cause any damage as it flows out of the hot tub.
It is important that you make sure that the ground is flat and level where you plan to set up the inflatable tub. Uneven surfaces and surfaces that are not level can mean that you won’t be able to fill the tub to the best level or that you will feel uncomfortable when trying to relax.
How Often Should the Water in the Hot Tub Be Changed?
The water in your hot tub can be protected from falling debris, insects and animals by using a lid when your hot tub is not in use. You should also ensure that your filter is working and cleaned every week. As long as you use the filter and lid or cover, you should make sure that you change the water at least once a week. Of course, if the water appears to be dirty, or if any debris falls in that can’t be dealt with by the filter alone, you should change the water more frequently than this. You should also use chemicals in your hot tub to keep the water sterile.
How Often Should the Tub Be Cleaned?
An inflatable hot tub requires less maintenance than a rigid hot tub, but it is important that you keep up with cleaning to ensure that your inflatable hot tub stays as hygienic as possible and to keep it in good condition. Clean the hot tub with warm soapy water every time you drain the hot tub and you will find it remains in good condition and as easy to clean for as long as possible. You should use a soft table style cloth that is not too abrasive and avoid any scrubbing brushes so that you don’t damage the walls of the inflatable tub.
How Often Should the Filter Cartridge Be Replaced?
Depending on how frequently you use your inflatable hot tub, you can find that the filters become clogged often. You should clean the filters weekly under running water. This will ensure that you don’t need to replace your filter for your hot tub too early. It will also mean that you have a safer hot tub experience as your tub will be as clean as possible at all times. It is important that you replace your filter for your inflatable hot tub every 6 months. It is a good idea to have more than once filter at all times. This way, you can replace the filter whilst you are cleaning it out or you can have a spare to hand if there are any problems with the one that you are using.
What Level of Air Should the Tub Have?
Whenever you fill your inflatable hot tub with water, you will put pressure on the walls of the tub. For this reason, it is important that you don’t over-inflate the hot tub. Hot temperatures, especially particularly sunny days can cause the air in the hot tub to expand and this can cause the hot tub to become too inflated too.
You should make sure when you are inflating your hot tub that you inflate it so that you can still slightly depress the walls with your finger, and then fill the tub. Add heat to the water as necessary and check throughout to make sure that the walls don’t become too hard to the touch. If you notice that the walls are becoming especially hard, you should let out a little air.
How to Use a Portable Hot Tub
- You should make sure that you position the hot tub in an appropriate place. Check carefully for any sharp objects that may puncture the hot tub wall. Whilst most inflatable hot tubs are made to hold large amounts of water, plus people, they can’t withstand sharp objects and will burst. Whilst it is possible to repair punctures, this is something that you should avoid having to do.
- To be as comfortable as possible, it is a good idea to have a windbreak near your hot tub. You may find that placing the tub near a wall or fence will be best so that you can avoid freezing in the wind.
- Inflate the tub to the PSI suggested by the manufacturer and remember to allow for filling the tub and for air expansion caused by heat. It is a good idea to use a pump that has a gauge on it so that you know what pressure the air is at in your hot tub.
- You should make sure that you cover your hot tub when you are not using it. If your hot tub does not come with a lid, you should make sure that you remember to purchase one. The lid will stop debris, insects, and animals from getting in your hot tub, which will keep it cleaner and hygienic. Debris is also a nightmare for filters so covering your hot tub will keep the filters running for longer.
- In order to keep your hot tub clean and sterile, you should make sure that you use the right balance of chemicals in it. Your hot tub and its filtration system will work better with some chemicals than others so it is important that you read the manual and follow the instructions.
- Make sure that you read the manual that comes with your inflatable hot tub so that you know how any special features work.
Inflatable Hot Tub Maintenance
Unlike fixed rigid hot tubs, an inflatable hot tub doesn’t take a great deal of maintenance. You won’t need to pay anyone to come and clean your hot tub professionally if you don’t want to and as long as you follow these simple rules for maintenance, you will find that your inflatable hot tub stays in the best condition for as long as possible.
Clean the filter. You should make sure that you clean the filter once a week. If you have a spare filter, you could put that in place of the filter that you are cleaning so that the hot tub can continue to be filtered. You should replace the filter once every 6 months.
You should replace the water once a week. If you replace your water when you are cleaning the filter, you should be able to get the entire tub cleaned at the same time. When you empty the water, this is the ideal time to clean the tub. You should use a soft cloth and avoid scouring brushes that may damage the tub. Use warm soapy water to clean once you have emptied the old water and you will find that the tub is easy to clean.
You should make sure that you keep debris from falling into the tub when it is not in use. The best way to do this is to use a cover or a lid. There are many inflatable hot tubs that come with their own covers or lids, but some models do not. If you purchase a tub that does not come with a cover, it is important that you buy a suitable cover. Stopping debris from falling in the hot tub whilst you are not using it will ensure that the filtration system does not become clogged and your hot tub will stay in the best possible condition.
Benefits of a Hot Bath
There are many great benefits of taking a hot bath. If you’re wondering why you should consider getting a bathtub for your bathroom as well as a shower, check out these great reasons.
Improve Your Blood Circulation
Water adds pressure on all the blood vessels in your body as you soak in the bathtub. This results in your blood circulation system having to work harder to pump the blood around the body. This is like an exercise in itself and the heart becomes stronger in doing this. Even though it doesn’t require any additional work for you, relaxing in the bath gives your heart a great workout.
Everyone knows that taking a bath is a relaxing experience. The reason for this is that the hot water relaxes the muscles in the body whilst also increasing the body temperature. This effect extends to the brain and helps our minds to de-stress in preparation for falling asleep.
Soothes Aches And Pains
If you have any smaller injuries, or if you have any muscle fatigue from a hard day at work or playing sports, you should take a hot bath. This will help your muscles and skin to rejuvenate and helps the healing process.
If you have diabetes, it is a good idea to soak in the bathtub frequently. The added heat allows our bodies to break down fats and sugars more quickly so it can be a great help to those with the condition. If you are trying to lose weight, getting in a hot tub of water can aid your weight loss, as it will help your body to break down the unhealthy substances that are in your body.
Whilst some people claim that they like to shower because it makes them feel cleaner, in actual fact, you should take a soak in a hot bath if you want to get really clean. This opens your pores and allows you to enjoy a deeper cleansing experience. Your skin will not only be cleaner but you can keep away spots and build up of bacteria.
Inflatable Hot Tub FAQ
- Q. To what level should I fill up the hot tub with water?
A. When you get your hot tub, it will come with instructions for how to use it. You should check these first, but most hot tubs require that you fill them to 1.5 inches above the highest jets in the hot tub. This will ensure that the jet system can function correctly.
- Q. How often should I change the water in the inflatable hot tub?
A. Ideally, you should change the water in your hot tub around 2-4 times each year. This is dependent on how much you use it. If you use it more frequently, you should consider changing the water more often but otherwise, the water filter and disinfectants in the water should keep it clean.
- Q. How often should I clean the filter cartridge?
A. The filter in a hot tub has a big job to do in keeping your water clean in the hot tub. Over time, the filter in your hot tub will become clogged with the dirt and even grease that it removes from the water in the tub so you will need to clean it out. This should be done around once a month. To clean out the filter, you should remove it and soak it in a bucket of hot tub cleaner. This will release the dirt and grime that has built up in the filter and allows it to float out of the filter. Once it has been soaked for at least 24 hours, you can rinse it off and put it back into the hot tub.
- Q. How often should I clean the hot tub?
A. Every 3 or 4 days, you should ensure that you do a visual check of the water in your hot tub. You should look for any strange colors in the water, debris floating at the top of the water or cloudy water. You should also check the levels of the chemicals that are in the water to ensure your safety.Every month, you should clean out the filter and every 4 months or so, you should drain the water and replace it.Once a year, you should have your hot tub serviced by a professional to ensure that it is running properly. Often, this will also include a full clean so that you know that it will be safe to use again for another year.
An inflatable hot tub has many great benefits, as this guide explains. We hope that you have found these inflatable hot tub reviews helpful and informative. You should make sure that you purchase the best inflatable tub that you can afford so that it will last for as long as possible.
You will be the envy of the whole neighborhood when you have the bets inflatable hot tub, and if you have little space, or if you would like to travel with the inflatable hot tub, you’ll like the easy setup and easy storage that these appliances can offer.
Make sure that you protect your purchase with a warranty. This is important so that you don’t have to unnecessarily purchase a replacement tub or perform unnecessary repairs if anything should go wrong with the tub.
To keep it in the best possible condition, you should follow our guide for cleaning and maintenance of inflatable hot tubs.