- 1 Dual Shower Heads
- 2 Double Head Shower Buying Guide
- 3 Best Dual Shower Heads Comparison Chart
- 4 Wrap Up
Using a double head shower system can be beneficial for couples. Besides offering you an extra couple activity, this shower system will allow both of you to stay warm while showering. Say goodbye to the days you had to wait wet and cold for your partner to hand you the shower. With this shower system, you can both enjoy the warm water at the same time.
The dual shower heads will also help with lowering your water consumption, even if you use it alone. Once you start using this system, showering will be quicker. The soaping and scrubbing might take just as long as before, but washing the soap away will definitely be quicker.
In the following article, we present the best double shower heads models available and present their pros and cons. Further, in the article, we explain how to find a good model for your home, and how to clean and maintain it.
- DreamSpa 3-Way Shower Head
- Dimensions : 6 x 4 x 9 inches
- Flow Rate : 2.5 GPM
- Price: $
- Material : High-Grade Chrome Plated ABS, Stainless Steel
- Setting : 7
- Cascada Luxury Square Shower Set
- Dimensions : 10 x 10 x 0.3 inches
- Flow Rate : 1.45 GPM
- Price: $$$$$
- Material : Stainless Steel
- Setting : 3
- HotelSpa 42 Setting Shower Combo
- Dimensions : 6 x 5 x 9.5 inches
- Flow Rate : 2.5 GPM
- Price: $$
- Material : ABS, Stainless Steel, Brushed Nickel
- Setting : 42
- Ana Bath Shower System
- Dimensions : 7.8 x 6.3 x 13.1 inches
- Flow Rate : 2.31 GPM
- Price: $$$
- Material : Nickel
- Setting : 5
- Speakman Alexandria
- Dimensions : 10.5 x 10.5 x 27.2 inches
- Flow Rate : 2.5 GPM
- Price: $$$$
- Material : Plastic
- Setting : N / A
- HotelSpa AquaStorm
- Dimensions : 6 x 4 x 9 inches
- Flow Rate : 2.5 GPM
- Price: $
- Material : Plastic-chrome plating
- Setting : 30
Dual Shower Heads
DreamSpa 3-Way Shower Head
This is one of the most popular dual shower heads available on the market. It comes with a rainfall shower head and a handheld shower. Each shower head can be used separately or at the same time.
The hand shower has 7 different setting, so you will definitely find one that you will like. Both shower heads are chromed, increasing the overall look of your shower cabin.
The overhead bracket’s angle can be adjusted to deliver the water just where you want it. The 3-way water diverter will allow you to switch between the shower heads, and the anti-swivel lock nut will keep the heads in place while you wash.
- Everything Is Included – These shower heads come with everything you need for the installation. You won’t need to use anything else than what’s already in the box.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty – This product comes with a limited lifetime warranty. The extended warranty period is a proof of the manufacturer’s trust in the product’s quality.
- Handheld Shower Could Be Placed Better – Some customers complained that the handheld shower head is not placed right. You should be able to fix this if you install a different holder.
Cascada Luxury Square Shower Set
This is a great looking shower set. All the components are chrome plated, and the rainfall shower head has LED illumination. The LED lights can switch colors, and you can choose between red, green, and blue.
The LED colors can also change automatically if you engage the temperature powers sensor. This sensor will change the color of the shower head according to the water’s temperature. Another sensor can also change the colors, but according to the water’s pressure.
This shower set doesn’t need batteries. The LED lights are powered by a built-in dynamo which relies on the water pressure.
- LED Lights – People who say they don’t need LED lights for their showers are either liars, or they haven’t seen a shower with LED lights before. The lights make your showering experience spectacular.
- No Batteries Needed – A dynamo produces the necessary power for the LED lights to work. The dynamo relies on water pressure to work, so as long as your water pressure is good, the LED lights will work.
- Installation Can Be Tricky – Some customers have complained that this shower set’s installation can be tricky, so it might be better to call professional help.
HotelSpa 42 Setting Shower Combo
This is a very popular dual head shower model. Each shower head can produce different water patterns. The shower head has 8 different settings, while the handheld shower has 9 settings. You can be sure you’ll find a setting you’ll like out of the 42 unique combinations.
The 3-way water diverter will allow you to choose between using only the shower head, only the handheld shower, or both of them at the same time.
This dual headed shower is easy to install. You can connect it quickly to a standard overhead arm without any problems.
- Great Customer Support – This company offers a great customer support service. You don’t have to worry about waiting an eternity until a spare part arrives for your damaged product because the customer service is prompt and efficient.
- Simple Installation – This product is so easy to install, most people won’t have any problems doing it on their own. The shower head fits a standard overhead support, so you might be able to use the one you already have.
- Lightweight Plastic – Some of the product’s components are made out of lightweight plastic, so they might not be very durable.
Ana Bath Shower System
This is one of the best-rated double headed showers you’ll be able to find and for a good reason. The shower system is very easy to install, and you won’t need any tools for the installation. Both the shower head and the handheld shower have a good, high water pressure. The pressure drops only slightly if both showers are used at the same time.
The handheld shower has three different settings, making your showering experience more enjoyable. The whole set has a brushed nickel finishing, so it will look great in every bathroom.
- Nice Spray Patterns – This shower system does not have as many spray patterns as other models, but the ones it has are very nice. There are three individual settings for the handheld shower and two combined combinations.
- Metal Hose – The whole shower system has a brushed nickel finishing, but the shower hose is actually made out of metal. This prevents it from getting tangled unnecessarily when you least want it to.
- Short Warranty Period – This product comes with a 3-year limited warranty. The warranty period is pretty short comparing it to those of other models.
This is another dual shower head system with great reviews. This shower head and handheld shower combination come with a polished chrome or brushed nickel finishing.
The shower system has a plunger that will push the water out with more energy, so you won’t have any trouble using it when the water pressure is low. The shower head has different spray patterns, so you will be able to find one which you’ll like.
The slide bar is not difficult to install, and it offers several advantages for all users, especially for the elderly or those with physical handicaps.
- Easy Installation – The whole shower system shouldn’t take you more than half an hour to install. You will spend most of this time installing the slide bar, and the rest of the process is even easier.
- Nice Design – This shower system has a nice design. The polished chrome or brushed nickel finish will make the system to fit right in every bathroom decor.
- Lot Of Plastic Components – Even though the shower system seems to be very sturdy, it has a lot of plastic components. These components are usually the first to be damaged, so only time will tell how long this system will last.
This is a very popular double head shower system, and it has a very high rating. The system comes with an overhead shower head and a handheld shower. You can use any shower separately, or you can use them together.
The shower head has 6 individual water pattern settings, and the handheld shower has another 6. This allows you to choose between the unique 30 flow patterns they create when they are both used at the same time.
The shower system comes in the same box with everything else you might need for its installation, including plumber’s tape. You can install the shower system on any standard shower arm.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty – This product comes with a limited lifetime warranty, so you will benefit from it. This is proof that the manufacturers believe in the product and that they are certain the product is durable.
- 30 Water Flow Combinations – Having 30 water flow combinations is a great way to make sure you won’t get bored in the shower. You can use a different water flow combination for each day of the month.
- 3-Way Valve Hard To Operate – Switching between the shower heads is slightly difficult because the valve is not easy to turn.
Double Head Shower Buying Guide
Finding the right double head shower is not as easy as you would think. There are a lot of different products available on the market, and not all of them are very good. Some might look nice, but they will only work for a short period of time. In the following section, we will explain how to look for and find good dual shower heads.
Why Would I Need A Dual Shower Head?
There are multiple reasons to invest in a double head shower.
- Taking A Shower With Your Loved One – If you ever took a shower with another person, you know why you need the second shower head. If you don’t have it, chances are one of you will at one point stand in one part of the shower freezing watching the partner soaking under the warm water.
A double head shower fits right into this scenario. You won’t have to wait for your partner to finish soaking. You can direct the water flow on the second shower head and enjoy the warm water yourself.
- Rainfall Sensation – Many dual shower systems offer the rainfall sensation. Let’s face it. Shower is a great place for introspection and reflection. A rainfall sensation will calm and soothe your nerves, allowing your mind to roam free.
- Perfect After Practice – Using this shower system after a physical effort is great. You can just stand under the overhead shower head and soak until your muscles are relaxed. When you’re completely satisfied and relaxed, you can use the handheld shower head for precise water sprays, or you can use its water flow patterns for a massage.
- Water Massage Therapy – You can use this shower system for massage therapy. If you choose a double head shower with a lot of water flow settings, you can spend a lot of time in the shower exploring new ways to relax. The more water flow patterns a shower will offer, the more combinations you can create. Some shower systems offer so many water flow settings you won’t be able to test all of them in the first month if you test one each day.
- Distinguished Look – These shower systems look good. In fact, they probably look better than any other shower systems you can find. Having dual shower heads in your bathroom will delight your house guests, and it will enhance the room’s look at the same time.
- Showering Is More Efficient – Showering will be more efficient and faster if you use a double head shower. Sure, cleaning yourself with soap and shampoo will take the same time, but cleaning them off your body will be faster. If you use both shower heads at the same time, you can dramatically lower the amount of time you spend in the shower.
What Should I Look For In A Double Head Shower?
There are several features you should seek if you want to buy a dual shower head. Here is a list with the best of them
- Design – It doesn’t make sense to buy an ugly shower system, even if it’s efficient. Anyway, the best models have a great design, so you will be safe if you look for a nice looking unit.
Keep in mind that you should always look for the shower system that would look better in your bathroom. If the rest of your bathroom has polished chrome finishing, choose a model that has it as well. If the rest of your faucets and supports have a brushed nickel finishing, make sure your shower system will have one as well.
- Avoid Plastic Parts – Plastic parts are usually used to lower the product’s price because they’re cheaper than using metal. But plastic parts have the negative side effect of being less durable than their metal counterparts.
Plastic parts are usually the first ones to malfunction because the plastic can be eroded by the water. This can lead to a series of unfortunate events, or even to the malfunction of the whole shower system. That’s why it might be better to avoid buying a shower system with a lot of plastic components.
- Water Pressure Regulator – Some double shower head systems have a built-in water pressure regulator. This regulator will slightly increase the water’s pressure inside the shower so that both heads will be able to produce a continuous spray.
This is a great feature to have, especially if you live in a building with low water pressure. Keep in mind that this feature won’t be able to do miracles. If your water pressure is very low, you won’t be able to use both of the shower heads at the same time.
- Long Warranty Period – A shower system is not the kind of product you’ll be willing to change every month. That means you have to buy a durable unit. The best way to make sure a shower system is durable is to check out its warranty period. The longer the period, the better.
A long warranty period is a proof that the manufacturers trust their product to be durable. In fact, most manufacturers set a warranty period shorter than they expect the product to run, so you won’t be able to benefit from it in the case of a malfunction. If the shower system has a lifetime warranty, it should be very durable.
- Easy Installation – Most dual shower head systems are easy to install, but not all of them. You should not buy a model which has a difficult installation because you might not be able to install it on your own. If you call for professional help, you will have to pay for it, increasing the overall cost of the product.
- Water Flow Patterns – Why should you invest in a double head shower system if you’re not going to enjoy all it has to offer?
Using multiple water flow patterns is a great way to relax and enjoy your shower. With different patterns on the fixed shower head and on the handheld shower head, you will be able to create a lot of different combinations. The more water flow patterns the shower can produce, the more combinations you’ll be able to make.
Is A Double Head Shower System Good For Business?
A dual shower is good for people who like to take a relaxing shower, but it can also be good for businesses.
- Hotels Or Motels – Let’s be serious, the couples who rent out a room for the night aren’t going to spend the whole evening watching bad TV soap operas. Having a double head shower system in your suits bathrooms will encourage the couples to visit you again.
- Gym Owners – Using dual head showers can be good for business if you own a gym. In this case, having this type of shower system will allow your customers to enjoy a relaxing massage after their workout. A dual shower system is also more efficient. People can use it to wash faster if they’re in a hurry, so it can actually lower the water consumption rate.
- Workplace Shower – This type of shower system will be a good addition to your facilities if your employees can take a shower at work. First of all, these showers look great. They have a nice design which will attract the eye.
Second, the showers also look expensive, even though most of the times they are not. This impression will lead the employees to believe you invested more in their wellbeing, increasing their moral. Making this type of investment can lead to an increase in productiveness in the long run.
Can I Install A Double Head Shower System If I Have A Low Water Pressure?
There are some double head shower models that will slightly increase the pressure of the water entering the system. This increase of pressure is not very dramatic, but it’s usually enough to expel the water with more force. Manufacturers usually include this feature because they want you to be able to use both shower heads at the same time without noticing any drops in the water pressure.
However, this system is not a magic maker. If you don’t have the minimum water pressure it needs, the water will not be expelled with force, so the shower will not be as effective. It would only get worse if you tried using both shower heads at once. The water pressure will be divided, so it will barely drip.
Most manufacturers will provide all the information you need about the water pressure in the product description.
How To Clean And Maintain Your Double Head Shower System?
You should clean this system exactly like you would a normal shower. You can clean the shower with most of the cleaning products available on the market. You should keep in mind that the chromed polish and the nickel finishing can be scratched, so be careful when you clean them.
Best Dual Shower Heads Comparison Chart
|DreamSpa 3-Way Shower Head||6 x 4 x 9 inches||2.5 GPM||$||High-Grade Chrome Plated ABS, Stainless Steel||7|
|Cascada Luxury Square Shower Set||10 x 10 x 0.3 inches||1.45 GPM||$$$$$||Stainless Steel||3|
|HotelSpa 42 Setting Shower Combo||6 x 5 x 9.5 inches||2.5 GPM||$$||ABS, Stainless Steel, Brushed Nickel||42|
|Ana Bath Shower System||7.8 x 6.3 x 13.1 inches||2.31 GPM||$$$||Nickel||5|
|Speakman Alexandria||10.5 x 10.5 x 27.2 inches||2.5 GPM||$$$$||Plastic||N / A|
|HotelSpa AquaStorm||6 x 4 x 9 inches||2.5 GPM||$||Plastic-chrome plating||30|
We believe that everybody can benefit from using a double head shower system. It’s great for stress relief, it’s efficient at cleaning, and it looks great. Dual shower heads haven’t been around for a long time, but it looks like they’re here to stay.
In the previous article, we reviewed the best selling models available online today. We’re confident that once you read our comprehensive buying guide you will learn all there is to know about these showering systems.
You can use this kind of showers for your home, or you can use them for developing your business. Who wouldn’t like finding this shower system in the bathroom of their hotel suite? You can also install this type of showers in a gym, or in a training facility. The people training there can use these showers to relax their muscles, or just to clean up quickly before going to work.